A question we get asked a lot when people are choosing jewellery from our website is ‘how do you measure for a bangle?’ We’ve got a wonderful collection of bangles in different sizes and you’ll find the circumference on each one so how do you find out how a particular bangle will sit on your wrist? Read on…
First, let me explain what I mean by the term ‘bangle’. A bangle is a rigid shape that doesn’t flex. This makes it different to a bracelet which is more fluid. Measuring for a bangle will help you to make sure that the bangle fits over the widest part of your hand smoothly and isn’t too ‘baggy’ once on your wrist.
- Hold you hand as though you’re about to put on a bangle bringing all of your fingers together with your thumb and little finger touching.
- Measure around your hand at the widest point using a tape measure, strip of paper or ribbon.
- Be sure to pull snugly against your skin but not so tight that it pinches
- Mark your paper or ribbon with a pen. This measurement is the circumference of your hand.
- Ready to go! Choose a bangle that’s at least a quarter of an inch/6.35mm larger than your measurement
I hope this has been helpful for you. As always, we’re happy to answer any questions you have so feel free to Contact Us .
Happy Bangle Wearing!
LJ, A and G 🐾